The Million Dollar Question

"Where do you see yourself in five to ten years?"

almost every job interviewer asks this question.

But whats the real answer?

In 2020, where do I think I will be? Who will I be? What will I do?

Five years from now, Lord willing, I'll be a Geneva graduate, (Go Tornadoes!) I'll be midway through my second year of teaching, and about to celebrate my 26th birthday.  (how did I get so old?)

I'll have a good chunk of my student loans paid off, and probably be living in a cute little studio somewhere. I'll have some kind of pet, probably a lab or a pit bull.

I'll be a special ed teacher, probably in Pennsylvania or Ohio. I'll make a point of encouraging my students, and if I teach in a christian school, in reminding them of the gifts God has given them.

I'll still be supporting my child, Edison, and will hopefully have added another child as well.

I'll still be writing, and hopefully will have a couple more books under my belt by then.

I'll still be learning, still dancing my way through life, still playing with words,

and I'll still be following God, still in awe of his saving Grace.

-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking