Of College and self-grace.

College so far has been mostly a blur of meeting new people, attending classes, and studying,

ALWAYS studying. And working. Almost, but not quite, to the exclusion of all else. All in all though, I feel that it's going pretty well, so far. As long as I remember to give myself grace.

Grace for feeling peopled-out, allowing myself to hole up in my room and do what needs done, instead of forcing myself to interact with people.

Encouraging myself...to meet new people when I can. To find this life-balance that is so coveted and so rare.

Worrying...about classes, And grades. And clearances and tests. But also doing fun things, like spelling bees and sidewalk chalk art contests. (third place, thank you very much)

Trying...to have a good attitude, and to be grateful, and to take full advantage of all the opportunities offered to me.

Trying to balance studiousness with "the college experience", and pushing myself every day, socially, mentally, academically.

I look around, and I can pick out half a dozen people I know. This is an accomplishment for me. Small victories. But victories they are still.

That's all for now.

-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking