The beckoning Voice

 Although a little ashamed that I didn't know round one of the NFL draft was tonight, I am watching nonetheless. And I can't help but wonder...how cool would it be to have a voice just thunder out over the crowd and call you to something big. Suddenly, the cycle of monotony is broken, and your potential for greatness is recognized.

 And then...it hit me.

Every. Single. Christian knows this feeling. We know what it's like. We don't have to wonder what's like to have a higher calling. Just like celebrities and athletes, we have an entire world watching us. We are called to be committed, single-minded followers of Christ who readily accept the challenge of being more and doing more. Instead of a voice announcing our draft into one of the top NFL teams, we have within us the voice of the Holy Spirit that prompts us to a higher standard of living. Not to draw attention to ourselves or to win more games for a certain denomination, but to further the kingdom of Christ and to encourage and challenge other believers.


 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12


And When the road gets rough
It's Your voice I hear inside me
Saying don't give up
You'll never leave me
You'll never leave me

33Miles- Calling My Name

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking