An open letter to those who don't have it together



Dear Person,

If you're reading this, you know what it's like to not feel like you have your life all together. You know what it's like to feel like a failure. You're dropping the ball left and right, it seems. Laundry piles up, phone calls accumulate, and your to-do list grows ever longer. But you're exhausted. You can't possibly do any more than you're doing, but you feel worn out. Anxiety swells and panic surges and it's all you can do to get through one more day. The memories of events past keep you awake and vie for your attention. and you fight to stay in the moment. Maybe your health is failing, or there's barely enough food on the table. Maybe you feel like you're drowning.

I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you'll come out of it eventually. And you'll be so much stronger on the other side. Your Father has a good, good plan for your life, and you are being refined as gold. In the meantime, cry out to your father the way David did.

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear to my cry, hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner with you, a guest like all my fathers. Look away from me, that I may smile again, before I depart and am no more!" Psalm 39: 12-13

No matter what else you ever have in life, you will always have the ability to talk to the God of the universe. No one can take that away from you.

So take heart. Have courage. Take a deep breath. Keep crying out to God and praising him. He is growing you through your trials, your sickness, and your low points of life. He will never forsake you.

Love,

Shannon


"I waited patiently for the Lord,
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord."
(Psalm 40:1-3)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking