Death to the Duck Face...And Other Similar Anti-Society Statements

Okay, so I'm just spit balling here, but when did the duck face become attractive? What went into some teenage girls mind to make her think; "If I manipulate my mouth to look like a beak and pout like I'm on the cover of vogue, then I'll be beautiful." Maybe this new trend is caused by wanting more likes on facebook pics, and unfortunately it works, but not for the reason you might think.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who hits like on these pictures merely because I appreciated the laugh. But really, this society-wide practice of duck faces and selfie taking is no laughing matter. More than once I've considered writing a book in which the duck face becomes illegal and all those who do it must be required not to wear makeup and hair product the rest of their days.

That'll learn 'em.

Seriously speaking, I've long felt the desire to look every young woman in the eyes and tell them. "You are beautiful. You have worth." Too many people don't hear that said to them. What must life be like for those people who don;t have a family to build them up, and remind them of God's truth? I don't know, but I pray that these young women have someone in their lives to tell them the truth, that God made them, and loves them, and desires for them to have a relationship with him,

What if someone told them that God was waiting to give them a new life, a life full of purpose and meaning?

How would that shape society?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking