2015: One Word

I have friends who have heartily embraced the idea of choosing a word, just a  single word, as their anthem, even a battle cry, for the coming year.

One of these is Rachelle Rea, who is EMBRACING the new year with her one word.

This time last year, I read the blogposts, saw the reasoning, and decided, that's not for me. I was, at the same time, fed up with my former way of handling new year's resolutions. So I went halfway. I didn't make the page-long list of years past, vowing in the coming year's time to erase all the bad habits and improve on basically every single aspect of my life.

This year, I'm looking at the new year, a tiny girl lost in the fathoms of space-time, and I'm dreaming of what is to come.

And I see big things ahead.

My one word this year wasn't chosen with long periods of reflection and prayer. I didn't search through the dictionary for a word to claim. It popped into my head one day, and many times thereafter. Everytime I turned around, every book I read, this word would jump out at me, wave it's arms, and shout it's me, it's me!

Introducing, as my first-time, one word,

Courage.

Because this year, I already know that big things will happen. Life as I know it will change. How, I don't know, but I don't want to be too timid to miss it.

I want to dig down deep in the Bible, find the courage that God gives to those who are walking in His will, and look at the new adventures with excitement,not fear.

I want to try new things without worrying about whether or not I'll fail.

I want to jump in with both feet and scream "Bring it on!"

I want to pen more novels and release them to an unsuspecting world. 

I want to have courage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking