A Prayer Revolution; Dial 18:20

For days now, an idea has been tugging at the corners of my mind, waiting to be released to the outside world. An idea that has been persistently cropping up in my thinking. An idea that could change the world.

Prayer.

Consistent, intercessory, passionate prayer.

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:19-20
I have a heart for the lost people of the world, and in addition to that, God has placed a burden on my heart for my country. We are far from what we used to be. Being the history buff that I am, I know that many of the laws in place in our country today would make the founding fathers’ wigs’ curl. I see our country going down a path of darkness and despair. God has blessed our country with wealth and prosperity, but I disagree with the ways this wealth is being used.

So, I’m asking you, pray.

Pray.

Pray, pray, pray pray.

Now, to have the kind of power mention in Matthew 18:20, I believe that it’s necessary for everyone to be on the same page. So allow me to throw out a few things here.

1. I want to see abortion end. NOW. I will not go into details because I know small children may see this, so I will just say that it is an evil that needs to be purged from the earth. Life should be protected.

2. Debt. Our country is in trillions of dollars in debt, and it’s not getting any better.

3. War. I’m not a violent person, but I hold to the belief that if we are attacked because of our beliefs as a country, then God will bless us in our defense if we seek His help.

4. Respect. No one gets enough of it. Our soldiers, our elderly, the infirm, and even babies.

5. GREED. (1 Timothy 6:10)
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”
The Bible doesn’t say it’s evil to enjoy the things you have, but it is a sin if you make money your god.

6. PRINCIPLES. So many sins listed in the Bible are actually being glorified in today’s culture. Here’s a few examples: Same-sex marriage. Having children outside of marriage. Having more than one spouse. Tattoos that offer dedications to spirits or the devil.

By all means, if you have more, than comment with them and I will add them. These are the top six I have off the top of my head.

WHAT TO PRAY FOR.

Pray that those in leadership will WAKE UP. Pray that God will bring them to their knees in surrender and in honor to Him. Pray that we will become the Christ-honoring nation so desperately needed in this dark world. Pray that the principles that Jesus taught us and that the disciples carried throughout the world would be REINSTATED. Beg God to put conviction into the minds of those who need it. Pray that God would help us to be the ‘city on a hill mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew, and that John Winthrop dreamed of. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:14)

Pray that Jesus will bring to Himself all those individuals who are struggling neck-deep in sin. Pray that they will see the rescuing offer of salvation and seize it eagerly. Pray that the media would start building the church up instead of tearing it down. Pray that on the forefront of every mind would be the goal of furthering the kingdom for Christ.

This is something I am very passionate about, and I want to see it spread all across the nation.

So pray. Dial 18:20

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20

Comments

  1. I've been praying recently that God will put the right person for the job into office (I'm talking about the next President). another thing I pray for is that Christianity will grow and spread, instead of Islam taking over like it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking