Reaching Out



  A few months ago, I was in a place of confusion and doubt. I wrestled with trusting God in the midst of my various health problems. I was in a place of "why, God?"

 Something was wrong with me. I was sure Christians dealt with adversity differently than I did. I knew something needed to change in my attitude. So I posted on my youthgroup's facebook group and asked for advice. One of the leaders told me that God would bring me someone who knew my exact situation.

 At the time, I wondered if that was possible. After all, the certain things I have aren't exactly common. The odds of finding someone who had not only had what I have, but had conquered it, were slim indeed.

 Or I thought so.

 Turns out, God isnt limited by our doubts. He led someone I greatly respect to tell me about her personal struggles with her physical health, and the number #1 thing she said to me that helped me was to get closer to God, and come to that place of total surrender and trust.

 And you know what I did? I prayed, and started reading my bible more consistently. I got other people to pray for me. and then I found a website that gave really good advice on how to balance my health. So I started to follow it. And I have been feeling much better. Now, this week has been a particularly rough one for me health-wise, but I have had nearly two months without a problem before this week.

 Two months. Thats huge. I could barely go two hours without a problem before.

 So I encourage you, instead of merely wondering why, reach out to God. Trust Him. Reach out to older believers you trust. Having a great church family constantly praying for me is one of the most encouraging
things I can think of. Don't be shy about asking for prayer or a listening ear. That's what they're there for, and if I had only done that sooner, my health may have been under control before now.

Your challenge for today is to read Psalm 46. It's a really encouraging chapter, and I know it will help you no matter what situation you're in.


~Shannon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking