Pause

Pause- a poem.

Sometimes I sit here
Drinking my coffee slowly
hitting pause on life

Sometimes I stand
and I stare at stars above
Taking it all in

Sometimes I could cry
with the frustration of life
Then I know to pause

I know to pause, reflect
I know I will be better
after I breathe some

So I drink coffee
I read a book, or just breathe.
and clear my mind out

To-do lists, away!
Frustrations cease for moments
Short moments, but still

Now I feel better
More like myself again, now
I can be stronger

I forgot I was
never made to do it all
Humans need to breathe.

I am but human
I am not superman or
a robot. Too bad.

But I am better
built to stop and reflect on
the things God has done.

Copyright Shannon Meiers 2018
Originally Published in the Chimes, fall 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking