Laugh as much as you breathe.

One of my newest obsessions is the wonderful comedic options available on Spotify. If you want the classics, try Bill Cosby. If you're looking for mentally stimulating irony, try Brad Stine. Or my favorite, Tim Hawkins.

God has blessed us with wonderful senses of humor, and I'm sure he smiles when we use it.

Somedays, I wish I could be a comedian, and stand on a stage every night and tell people jokes, watch their faces as humor transformed them.

But instead, I became a cashier, and a writer, dealing with the populace every day and writing them into my novels at night. (mwhahahahaha)

What they don't tell you about books is that every great character is a direct result of an author's feelings for humanity and what they experienced that day.

Harry Potter happened because the author wanted to experience an adventure.

Divergent happened because Veronica Roth wanted to make a utopia and then made it interesting.

Insurgent happened because Veronica Roth wanted to build on her new dynasty.

Allegiant happened because Veronica Roth wanted to make humanity suffer.

The Hunger Games happened because Suzanne Collins was watching reality tv when she was tired.

#teampeeta happened because she wanted to dangle #teamgale (aka, THE RIGHTFUL choice) in front of us and yanked it heartlessly away.

But I digress.

I've made a reccent discovery. The rest of humanity does not create puns daily like I do. I'm not sure why. Really, puns are a wonderful thing.

And so are senses of humor.

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength. Proverbs 17:22

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking