More than a song-A heart cry.

More than a song- A heart cry.

Some people might think that I have fairly narrow category of music that I listen to but in reality, I'll give just about every christian artist a try once. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to a musical beat, sound, or style, because you never know what you might find. It was such open-mindedness that caused my interest to be taken by a band called Skillet.

Five years ago, I barely knew their band name to hear it, and now I'm absolutely obsessed. I've seen them live-twice, and I have been known on occasion to to loudly and obnoxiously sing Jen ledger's part in the song, particularly in my favorites which remain to be "Hero"and "Monster".  "Hero," in particular I absolutely love, because it is so relate able.

 "I'm just a step away.....I'm just a breath away, losing my faith today, falling off the edge today. I am just a man, not superhuman, someone save me from the hate.....I need a hero, to save me now...A hero will save me just in time."

 Don't we all feel like that at one time or another? Like we are falling off the edge of a hundred-foot cliff, about to be swallowed by the absolute darkest, most depressing stuff this world has to offer?

And in a place of hopelessness and despair, we cry out to God, and He scoops us up and carries us through our trials. No matter how bad it gets, He will never leave us alone, He will always come to our aid when we call, and He will always be our Hero.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I will live for my child

The Immersion Method

What shoddy internet can teach us about multitasking